Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Stone's Top 10 of 2009



It's been a good year. Trying to limit my favorites to just 100 tracks was tough enough, now taking that list down to 10 was damn near impossible. I'm doing the same as last year and adding an extra twenty honorable mentions though, and that still barely scratches the surface.

1. Bäss Klëph & Stëllar - Spënd My Möney (Bäss Klëph's Club Mix)
In the club, in my headphones, in my mixes all year long.

2. Mëdina - Yöu & I (Spëncer & Hïll Remix)
Great vocals, great electro-house.

3. Spëncer & Hïll - I Wänt Yöu (Mäurizio Gubëllini Remix)
This remix fixed everything I didn't like from the original, that bassline adds so much as well.

4. Flö Rïda - Aväilable ft Akön (Bënny Bënassi Remix)
I would've never listened to this track had Bënny not taken a stab at it.

5. Bäd Böy Bïll - Dö Whät U Lïke ft Alyssä Pälmer (Däve Audë Club Remix)
A lot of people went crazy for their other collaboration, but this did it for me.

6. Spëncer & Hïll - Yöung Löve (Original Mix)
Really cool stuff

7. Vëerus & Mäxie Dëvine ft Jänice Röbinson - Drëamer '09 (TV Röck Remix)
Love the vocal breakdown. Sounds so big.

8. Vënus Jönes - Obsëssed (Funkk Frïkz Remix)
I didn't know this was a Mariah rework till much later, nice electro-house.

9. Steve Angëllo, Axwëll, Sëbastian Ingrösso, Laïdback Luke ft Dëborah Cöx - Lëave The Wörld Bëhind
This track makes me want to jump in the air, Ibiza or Miami air to be precise.

10. Dävid Guëtta ft Këlly Röwland - Whën Löve Täkes Over
I remember everyone desperately trying to find a quality version of this track and then releasing it, how big it was at the moment. I knew it'd be huge but unfortunately it didn't have the staying power.

Honorable Mentions:
Sneaky Sound System - 16 (TV Rock & Luke Chable Mix)
Adam K - You're Not Alone
Armand Van Helden - Witch Doktor (Eddie Thoenick Remix)
Sander Kleinenberg - This Is Our Night (Sultan & Shepard Remix)
John O'Callaghan ft Audrey Gallagher - Take It All Away (Marcus Schossow Nu Prog Remix)
Jaybee - Suddenly (Houseboy Remix)
Temper Traps - Sweet Disposition (Axwell & Dirty South Remix)
David Guetta ft Akon - Sexy Bitch
Wolfgang Gartner - Push & Rise
Major Lazer feat. VYBZ Kartel - Pon De Floor
Santiago Moreno - Optico (Paul Anthony & Zxx Remix)
Little Boots - Meddle (AC Slater & DJ Skeet Skeet Remix featuring Goldielocks)
Inna - Love (DJ Andi Remix)
Bass Kleph vs Will I Am ft Snoop Dogg - Keyboard Donque (No Face & Rustik Club Mix)
Tiesto & Sneaky Sound System - I Will Be Here (Benny Benassi Remix)
David Guetta, Ingrosso, Dirty South ft Julie McKnight - How Soon Is Now
Bailey - Higher State (Christian Davies Remix)
Dominik De Leon vs Burhan G. - Everything Changes (Vocal Extended Mix)
Spencer & Hill - Finally Housebeat (DJ Antonio Bootleg Mix)
Stefano Gamma - Love Is The Boss (Benny Benassi Vocal)

No comments: